.pub greeting cards don't import properly

When I try opening a greeting card created in MS Publisher in LO4, it opens in Draw as 4 separate pages instead of a foldable single page with the proper pages upside down. How can I get the greeting card to import as a foldable card just as it is in Publisher? Same issue with business cards I created in Publisher—they import as a single page instead of 10/page. Any suggestions? Thanx.

The Publisher file (PUB) import filter is new to the v4.0.x series. It can probably handle fairly simple files at present, however support for more complex layouts (i.e., all the possible combinations of N-up pages, text, styles, and graphics) will improve over time. Bug FDO#61579 relates to wrongly rendered layout, although it is really only concerned with improper positioning of a few graphics and styling of some text elements.

Your issue sounds more like a pagination one. Can you provide a test file (or equivalent mock-up?) I’ve marked up your question up so you can upload a file. You may have found a different bug.

EDIT: FDO#54189 is another PUB format bug. I don’t think it is related to your problem. I am including it as the comments in that bug by the developers provide a clear example of just how hard these file formats are to reverse engineer and implement. Worth a read.

Thanks! I’d be glad to provide both a .pub foldable greeting card and my business card (which also doesn’t import as a 10/pg. business card, just one full page) but I’m not seeing a way to upload them (just edit, flag, close, and delete.) Sorry for being dense :)!

You will need to edit your original question and then you should see a paperclip toolbar icon for attaching a file. Just put “EDIT: Here is my file.” or something like that at the end of your question, highlight “Here” and click the paperclip. The rest should be obvious.