Pull down list in Writer

Hi:

I just created a PDF fillable form using Writer. In the document I added a table with one cell having a List with multiple choices. When I select a choice, any choice, it stays in the cell when I go out of Design Mode. Is there a way that have the form reset so that all of the fields are blank when it is opened? Also, is there a way to reset the cell when working in the document? I can switch between options but, there is no way that I can see of to get it back to being blank.

Thanks,
Ian

I don’t know if I understood your question correctly.
If you use a selection field (presumably list field or combo box) and you enter 3 choices, for example A, B and C. Now you would like a fourth possibility without content, then you have to create the fourth selection, e.g. with a blank. (i think so).

How would one go about enter a blank as an option?

Please upload your ODF type sample file here.

As per your request, the PDF is attached below. Please notice that when you click a the last option “blank” in the drop down menu that the previous shape selected reappears when you click in a different cell.

Thank you for your assistance.

sample.pdf (378 KB)

I meant the original ODF file. (.odt)

Any thoughts

Please uplad the original .odt (ODF = Open Document Format) file here.

Can anyone out there in LibreOffice Land help please?

Please uplad the original .odt (ODF = Open Document Format) file here.

I have, twice.

No, not the PDF file. He asked for (and can work with) your original Writer file, a .odt file. Or a sanitized (without any personal information) version of the original.

1 Like

The file that I am attaching has .odt as its tag when I attached it. Did you try the option of opening it using LibreOffice? If you can’t open it as a .odt, I will make a new one on Monday and send it to you.

Thanks

(Editted) There was no file attached. The only file posted was sample.pdf and was attached to your 3rd posting, which opens as a PDF or as an image in LO-Draw, at least with my version (LO v7.3.7.2).