Questions about forms in Base

Version 24.8.2.1 on Windows.

1. When filling in forms, when I click the green new record button and fill it in, I get an error message, saying I’m trying to put a null into a non-nullable column, the ID number. I’m not interested in that number and don’t want to type it in so it’s not on the form. Can it be done automatically. The only solution I have found is to open up the table and put extra numbers in by hand before filling in new forms!

2. Trying to move from one field to another in the form, if I use the tab key I get taken around the entries in an apparently random order! Is there a way to go through them in order or set the tabbing order?

3. When I set up the form with the wizard I opted for the ‘3D look’. But it only did it for the entries that were numerical. The text entries came out with a plain border. Is that just a bug?

1. Your table needs an auto-incrementing ID, but how to do depends on your used database. Some examples for HSQLDB in the following thread.
1 Like
  1. See the following thread on tab order. Basically there is a numerical property of the items to set:
    Set tab order in forms?
1 Like

In case of HSQL, call Tools>SQL and issue the following command:

ALTER TABLE "table name" ALTER COLUMN "ID" INTEGER IDENTITY
1 Like