Quicktime and a decompressor

I’m converting from a .cwk document which includes images. Each image is replaced by “QuicktimeTM and a decompressor are needed to see this picture”. How can I get these? I’m on Mac OS 10.15.6. I have Quicktime Player.app 10.5 (10.15.2.1)

Wow! Is that an AppleWorks/ClarisWorks document? IIRC those images are most likely stored as PICTs, which (I’m not sure if) is no longer supported. Try selecting one of the images, right-click and Save... in another bitmap format (.jpeg, .png, .tiff, etc.), then reimport them in your LO document.

Hello,
I’m not sure that Save… will accept to save the images without trying to convert them. Otherwise, you can open again your .cwk document and then save the converted result in a new file (e.g. foo.odt). Now, with the Finder, change its extension to .gz (i.e. foo.gz), and unzip it ; this will create a new repository : foo, and you will find the original images in foo/Pictures/*.pct.

After you will need to find another way to open and convert these images one by one. Maybe, you can try using Preview (unsure).

Note:

• In fact, AppleWorks/ClarisWorks filter tried to convert the document (and when it found an image, it exported it as is); after a second filter was called by LibreOffice on each image (the internal ipict filter), this filter usually does a good job, but doesn’t understand how to read the new compressed formats, so the compressed image is not retrieved (only the replacement text is retrieved: “QuicktimeTM and a decompressor are needed to see this picture”) .