Recover unsaved file.

I was writing a document, and then after I had finished with it, I hit close. Then, the computer froze, and I ended up clicking Don’t Save instead. The recovery pop-up that usually shows didn’t pop up. Is there any way I could recover my document? The program did not crash, it’s just the computer froze for a moment and then I accidentally clicked on Don’t Save at the Save prompt.

Hello

ended up clicking Don’t Save instead.

This action makes LibreOffice to delete the auto-recover information as well. Therefore there is no way to recover your file. The only path to a backup is open, if two requirements are fulfilled:

• You have saved your file at least once
  • You took precautionary measures by setting Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> Category: Save -> Option: [x] Always create backup copy (This setting assures a backup copy, each time a file is being save, thus the first requirement)

PS: You may get the backup directory from: Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> Paths -> Type: Backups

I looked in the Backups directory,but there was nothing there, even with hidden files on. I guess I’ll just recreate it then.

Hello, you got no other choice, sorry for the bad news.

If the answer is correct or helped you to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.