Recovering word document after crash and update

Hi, my girlfriend was working on two documents last one (one word, one spreadsheet) and hadn’t saved the word document for maybe 4 hours or so.

LibreOffice then started crashing quite regularly (I think whilst trying to save the spreadsheet as an xlsx document) so I updated the program to the latest version.

At this time I didn’t even know about the word document, but she’s just said that she’s lost around 4 hours worth of work… is there anyway at all to recover this please? :frowning:

Update - the document is corrupt… won’t open on her machine, won’t open on Google docments, and won’t open in Word on my machine. Argh!

Thanks

LibO has a great autorecovery function which requires a setting of

> `Save Autorecovery Information every x   min.`

You find this under

tools / options / load/save  

When this function is on and LIbO crashes, it offeres you at the end of new start of LibO the chance to recover unsaved documents. Please check your settings.

I personally save all LibO documents in the original LibO format and change to a different format just before I need to share a file with someone who does not use LibO.

Concerning the recovery of your file, please inform on OS and LibO version. Maybe someone else has a solution to recover your file.

That’s great, thank you! Will ensure this is turned on in future