Recurring warning message when saving doc to a network share

I get this warning message when saving a doc

This document has been changed by others

The file has been changed since it was opened for editing in LibreOffice. Saving your version of the document will overwrite changes made by others.

Do you want to save anyway?

The doc is in .docx format.

Libreoffice version:

Version: 7.3.2.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.2-0ubuntu2
Calc: threaded

I am running Kubuntu 22.04.

The doc is not stored locally. It is opened from a network (samba) share with my Windows machine.
I assume that’s why I am getting the message.
Is there any way I can disable this recurring message?

Can you check if the original doc was modified by others really?

A gut feeling might be that there’s a problem where the file is reported to be modified at XX:YY server’s local time, when LibreOffice uses UTC or otherwise different TZ on your host, making it think that it’s modified after its opening.

I have not shared this doc with anyone and I just created it today so I can say for sure that I am the only one who modified it.

I think I have my Ubuntu host on the same time system as my Windows machine

The system is configured to read the RTC time in the local time zone.

so in theory, they should be in sync.
The Windows machine is a VirtualBox guest, and in the guest settings, I see that “Hardware clock in UTC Time” is unticked.

Note that even if your Ubuntu is using the same timezone, there is a difference how different OSes treat time internally. On Windows, the system BIOS usually uses local time (and that is changed when you set time on Windows); while on Linux, it’s usually UTC set on the hardware level. I don’t claim that necessarily means the problems you are facing - just something that seemed possible when reading your description …

Thanks. So regarding actual time zone, as per your first post, Ubuntu says “Jerusalem Asia/Israel”, and Windows says “(UTC + 2:00) Jerusalem”