regex option greyed out in Find and Replace

Hi

This in LO 6.4.3.2 and the previous version I had installed - 6.4.2 : in a Text document, opening Find and Replace, the check boxes and labels for Current selection only, Regular expressions, Similarity search are greyed and not accessible.

I’ve been through Preferences to see if I could find some explanation but no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Robert, is the Paragraph Styles box disabled? Try to choose Help - Restart in Safe Mode … If the Find and Replace dialog displays correctly, then your User Profile is corrupted

JohnSUN,

Effectively, restarting in Safe Mode restored the Regex and other options (and no, the Paragraph Styles box was not checked). Can you point me to how I can fix my User Profile problem as this is what seems to be the problem ?

TIA
Robert

Oh, it’s very simple - LibreOffice user profile: Resolving corruption

Hi JohnSUN and others.

I restarted in Safe Mode, tried to restore my user profile, saving and restarting - but still seeing the same problem. Hardware acceleration didn’t seem to have much effect.

Finally I selected the last option, reset entire user profile, and that seems to make a change. I haven’t looked yet at what it’s done to my language packages and dictionaries, but it’s not a big deal to reinstall them.

Thanks
Robert Monnier