Remove Slide Transition Sounds

Recently I made a slideshow on Libre Office Impress which involved a lot of slide transitions using my own sound files - not those already listed as standard. Now the sound list is rather long, and cluttered with a lot of duplicates from where I accidentally added the same file twice. Adding new sound files to the list was very easy but I cannot figure out how to delete them.

I don’t believe there is a way to do this. I absolutely agree that the ‘back catalogue’ gets cluttered. There are other reasons too why one might want to clean it (deleting sounds list in impress). I think the information is stored somewhere in the user profile at /home//.config/libreoffice/4/user, but I’d love to track it down. A simple ‘clear list’ would do fine.

Just to clarify: I am not seeking to turn the sounds off, but to delete them from the list of transition sound options.

I have managed to clean out my back catalogue of transition sounds. I am not certain that it this solution is without undesirable side effects, and I offer it without warranty! I am using LO6.4.1.2 on Linux 18.04.

The list is stored in the user profile gallery (tools-options-libreoffice-paths-gallery), which contains 3 files (sdg30.sdg, sdg30.sdv, sdg30.thm). I made a backup of the gallery folder.

I downloaded replacement versions of these files from skels/direction/.config/libreoffice/4/user/gallery · 4ba40c7f755d257b5702705d562995cf5a258735 · Primtux-SLIS / LCS-primtux · GitLab.

When these replacements, I revert to a clean list of transition sounds (ie containing only the system-wide rubbish, which is stored elsewhere). So far, all works well.

Thank you, that seems to have worked.