replace option missing writer

Hello, and sorry if this has already been answered before. I am trying to figure out Find and Replace in Writer. There are no options to replace text. As you can see from the screenshot, there is only a button that can be toggled on and off. The button does not do anything. I do have the Office2013-theme-1.1.oxt extension enabled. I have tried disabling it, but it does not change anything. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!

I have tried going to Edit → Find & Replace and it does not do anything. It shows the same icon that is next to “Match Case” and it just toggles on and off. Nothing pops up.

I have also tried CTRL+H and it does nothing.

Which LibreOffice Version on which operating system and which View -> User Interface setting exactly do you have (Checked on my 6.4.6.2 using Tabbed and that works as designed. Did you try to check in LibreOffice’s Safe Mode (Help -> Restart in Safe Mode)?

What is your OS and LO version? Here LO 6.4.6.2, Fedora Linux 32. Even with tabbed UI, I get the expected Edit>Find & Replace. Just in case try Ctrl+H. Eventually, revert to the View>User Interface>Standard Toolbar to see if it makes a difference.

Hello,

what you show in your screenshot is Find but not Edit -> Find & Replace. I’m Not familiar where to find that in the tabbed menus - toggle Menubar icon leftmost or use shortcut CTRL+H

Hope that helps.

OK. Sorry I figured it out. The “Find & Replace” dialogue box was popping up off my screen for some reason. I don’t know why that was the case, but I eventually found it.