I have created TEXT files in Libre. Around 4000 pages in all. A lot of efforts put in by many scholars. Now, we have submitted the PDF files for printing to a printing press. The press wants the files to be in CMYK colorspace. We did not know this issue. When the pdf is created, the output shows RGB colorspace. Librewriter in Tools>Options>Colors shows CMYK. But the values of CMYK which appear in Writer do not appear in PDF. PDF shows mixed values.
My pdf files should have the Magenta text as C-0, M-100, Y-0, K-0 and Black text as C-0, M-0, Y-0, K-100. That is how it is set in Writer. But, PDF doesn’t contain those values.
Already tried following things but the solution is not coming. (Stating the tried solutions to avoid repeated suggestions and denials)
- Tried Gimp, Scribus, Inkscape - When a pdf is opened there, either the text gets disturbed or there is no conversion. We have the files in Complex Script Devanagari (Hindi) and not in English.
- The is some terminal command to convert from RGB To CMYK. It runs. But, the desired output namely - C0M100Y0K0 and CMY0K100 is not coming. The command should have something like which converts a particular RGB to a particular CMYK. It only changes the RGB to CMYK, but the color output is yet the mixture.
- Open the File in the Photoshop CS2 and used the conversion tools US Uncoated SWOP etc. But, the problem persists.
- LIbre in Windows creates the CMYK of nearly desired degree. But, the Devagari text gets distorted to some extent, which is unacceptable.
- Submitted the files for Online conversion. It does change the RGB to CMYK but the mixture not set right. Lacks desired CMYK percentage.
- In Windows, PDF995 printer when used with LIBRE converts the K color correctly but doesn’t convert M. Moreover, Libre with Windows is not as good as it is in Linux. Quality of text is to be sacrificed.
Badly caught in the complex situation. Shifting entire text and all the files to Latex, InDesign, etc is a huge task. If someone can help me out of this mess, nothing like that. The issue has killed so much of valuable time to figure out the problem and find out any solution. Feeling like giving up Libre and Linux for future. The solution should convert odt to pdf or pdf to pdf with desired color space.