Save as csv file LibreOffice 7.3

Good evening,

Since I switched to Ubuntu 22.04, I automatically got the latest version of LibreOffice. I have no problem at all to open .csv files by double-clicking on them and watching them as spreadsheets. However, whenever I make changes and attempt to save them, I am obliged now to indicate a file type. (This wasn’t the case when I was using older versions of LibreOffice.) And nothing related to CSV appears among the options. When I pick “Gnumeric”, “MS Excel” or “ODF” it warns me that “The given match extension does not match the chosen file type. Do you want to use this name anyway?”. I pick “yes”, since my python programs that I have been using for years work with .csv files. But then, the files become unreadable. Please HELP!

Cheers

With me:

Version: 7.3.5.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 184fe81b8c8c30d8b5082578aee2fed2ea847c01
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Thank you, but with Ubuntu 22.04 I don’t have this option (and the interface looks quite different).

Then please show how does it look like.

1 Like

Here you are. These are all the available file types in the new version.

The solution: use LibreOffice, not Gnumeric :wink:

4 Likes

Wow, actually you are right. In Ubuntu 20 the default program for opening .csv files was LibreOffice, so I hadn’t realized that by upgrading to the latest OS I was automatically made to use Gnumeric instead of LibreOffice. Thanks a lot.

Moderators, please feel free to close (and even delete) this topic.

Nah, it’s fine if it stays for educational purposes ;)
Additionally it would help others if you told your solution how to change the default application.

1 Like

Sure. With Ubuntu 22.04: Just go to any .csv file, right-click on it, go to “Properties” → “Open With” —> Select “LibreOffice Calc” —> “Set as default”.

1 Like