Saved form not really saved - novice needs assistance

I am 3-days new to LibreOffice Base. Have been using YouTube Tutorials to help learn the basics. I created a table and then tried to create a form for it. After many attempts, I finally designed a form that I liked. On the top toolbar I clicked on File and then Save. Then I exited the form screen. The form I created was shown under the table name. I quit LibreOffice. Later I came back to print the form and though it is showing on the opening screen, I get this error:

/Users/name/Library/Application
Support/LibreOffice/4/user/temp/Sibs Contacts columns.odt does not exist.

Can you please tell me what step I am missing in the “Save”? Thanks!

Macbook Air High Sierra10.13.3
LibreOffice 5.4.6.2
Java (latest JDK version for Mac downloaded yesterday - cannot find the version)

Hello,

First, it seems Base is looking for a Writer doc → “Sibs Contacts columns.odt” which makes little sense. If you created a “Standalone Form” this could be the forms’ name but would not appear within any of the sections of the main Base screen. It is typically started on its’ own from wherever is was saved as an actual Writer document.

In the main Base screen, there is a section on the left titled ‘Database’ under which are four icons named ‘Tables’, ‘Queries’, ‘Forms’ and ‘Reports’. Forgetting Standalone forms, you should create a form using either the Wizard or Design method (in Tasks when Forms icon is selected). If you use the Wizard, the form is automatically saved once the dialog information is complete. It uses the name of the table or query it was based upon and if the name was already used it appends a number to it. If you use the Design method to create a form, nothing is actually saved until you click the Save icon or choose File->Save from the menu. And THEN it will ask you to give the form a name.

For any further assistance it will be necessary to post either the steps you used to begin the Form creation OR the link to the video you were following.

Thanks for the reply. I did use the Forms Wizard to create at least one of the forms I tried. I did not want to complicate my question by talking about all the other forms I tried to create with the same “disappearing act”. I may have used the Create Form in Design View for this one. I did see the name “Sibs Contacts2”, and changed it to “Sibs Contacts columns” so I knew which was the latest attempt.

After I “saved” it did not ask me for a name.

WIll try again and with the “Use Wizard Option” and leave the name alone. I will report back.

Please do not respond with an answer. Use comment. Answers are for responding to the original question.

Could this be as easy as I have chosen another folder to store these files? I have so many versions of “trials”, am going to go back and clean-up and start over, leaving the files wherever they go. See lots of files in "Finder, that are not showing up in the Base screen. Later I will do some “save as” to get them to the correct folder.

Now onto figuring out how to turn off “double-sided” when printing reports. My list of new things to learn is long.

Thanks again!

OK. Sorry. New forum - new rules… Like I said, lots to learn.