Saving images in impress

Hi there, I used to use powerpoint to create images for social media as I could copy and and paste the images I wanted, group them all together to create one image and save the whole image in pictures, so I could post the images. I’ve tried doing this in Impress, and I can copy and paste on a slide and group them altogether, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to right click on the whole image and save it as an image as a png or jpeg file. Is there a way to do this please? Thank you

Select the items you want in the export (or Ctrl+A to select all the images and text). Click File > Export. Make sure you tick the box Selection, choose a file type and somewhere to save.

To export the entire slide including the page, just click File > Export

Cheers, Al

1 Like

Omg… so simple! Thank you so much!!

Hey EarnestAI… it doesn’t seem to be working. Which would be the best file type to save as - I’ve tried jpeg, png and tiff… just saves as a blank file…

Hmm, works for me.

If you are exporting entire slide including page then don’t tick the selection box if nothing is selected. That box is only for when you have selected a subset of the objects on the page.

For photos use jpg
For vector drawing use svg or png
For reduced colour images like clipart or screenshots then .png
I wouldn’t bother with TIFF, png does whatever TIFF can do.

No I want the image only, and I have selected it, but it doesn’t matter what file I save it in, its just blank…

Actually - I just saved it as a giff in a different location and its worked!! Thank you so much for your help… much appreciated!!

It might be your anti virus blocking LibreOffice from saving to certain locations. See if you can add LibreOffice or soffice.bin to the allowed list in your anti virus

1 Like

The export dialogue approach works. Thanks for pointing to that solution.
It does take a little time figuring out what boxes to tick and which ones not.
For me, it worked “best” selecting both the tick-boxes at the bottom of the dialogue.
That way, the file-extension will be correct, so the operating system will be able to open the exported image correctly also.