Saving Linebreaks in Textboxes?

Hi,

I’m having a strange problem in libreoffice.

I am writing textboxes with multiple lines. At the end of one line, I hit shift+enter to go to the next line. I enter what I need to write, so on and so forth. I am able to save my work, and everything looks fine.

But then if I close and re-open to keep working later, all the linebreaks have disappeared and all of the writing in the textbox is clumped together. What am I doing wrong here?

OS: Windows 7; LO version 4.1.0.4; problem occurs whether saving as a DOC, ODT, or DOCX file.

What is the operating system, LO version, and file format (ODT, DOC, DOCX)?

Windows 7, LO version 4.1.0.4, and this problem exists whether I save as ODT, DOC, or DOCX.

Under GNU/Linux LO v4.1.2.2 and v4.1.3.2 correctly support both ENTER (carriage return) and SHIFT+ENTER (newline) in text boxes in ODT. The DOC and DOCX formats however do not appear to preserve SHIFT+ENTER (newline) in a text box, when re-opened in Writer. If possible try upgrading to test behaviour under Windows. If you still have the same problem, please report a bug and include as much detail as possible. Post a reference to any bug raise back here using the format “fdo#123456”. Thanks.