Scripted edit of writer document

I’m a senior living in some seniors apartments. I wrote a program in vb.net they use to play Bingo. One of the things they use is a predetermined grouping of 9 games they call a “card”. I use a writer document to show the image for each of these “cards”. I have a document I copy then edit to create new “cards”. This document has 9 images (3 in a row, 3 rows) of games and a title under each, plus a “card” title at the bottom of the document. Currently I manually edit each of these and I would like to make it something I can incorporate into my program and then call libreoffice. In the program they would select each game, and I would know the title. After selecting 9 games I would like to generate some type of script or something that puts these images and titles into the document. I would like to do this to let someone who doesn’t know, and doesn’t want to know, how to use an office software package but yet would allow them to maintain these “cards”. Basically a “home”, paste image, tab, paste image, etc., until complete with the images. Then back to “home” but to the text area under that image, paste in the title, tab, paste in the next title, etc., until complete. Is there any way to do this? Any pointers as to how to automate this would be appreciated.

in your context, programming in Writer would probably be overkill : https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/BASIC_Guide

would rather try a simple browser based solution :