Scrolling too fast on Windows but not on Linux

I bought a new laptop 2 weeks ago (Asus ROG flow x13) and I have tried to understand how to change scroll behaviour for LibreOffice on Windows 10, but I can’t find the real problem.

I booted my laptop today from an external Arch USB install I have, and there the scroll is smooth, consistent with the rest of the system.

On windows I find the scroll to be the same systemwide (explorer, browsers, other apps…) except for libreoffice, where it behaves strangely, too fast to be useful when you just want to go down/up just a bit.

• On both “systems” I was using LibreOffice v. 7.2.1.2
  • Arch Linux kernel 5.14
  • Windows 10 v. 10.0.1943 Build 19043 (all asus drivers up to date)

So where should I check to know what is happening? Is there any parameter one can adjust to change scroll behaviour within the app?

In the year of our lord two thousand and twenty-two, this should not still be an issue.

In Control Panel\All Control Panel Items select Mouse. In the Mouse Properties dialog select Wheel tab and set the number of lines to scroll to 1 or 2.
The same Mouse Properties dialogue can be reached from Start > Settings > Bluetooth and Devices > Touchpad > More touchpad settings
With it set as shown, and with Drag two fingers to scroll set, I can scroll as slow as two lines at a time or faster depending on how far I want to scroll.

MousePropertiesScroll

Acer Swift 3 (Intel)
Version: 7.4.2.1 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 681d65acd9ede00dd724d6716f21cabfdcc95bd2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22621; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL

That solution only barely helps – but much worse, it makes scrolling on every single other application slow to an absolutely morbid crawl

Wrong calendar. It’s three thousand one hundred and eighty eight in the Year of Our Lady of Discord.

SCNR

1 Like

There are PgUp and PgDn keys or clicking scroll bar between slider and end for larger movements

On my laptop, if I gesture more quickly over the touchpad, the scroll goes faster and further. Same with mouse scroll

All I know is it’s not July 5, 1998 yet

Bug 119745 - Scrolling with a laptop touchpad in Libreoffice way too fast

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t knew it was a recognized bug. I added myself to the CC list :+1:. Sadly, after 3+ years of the bug, with even a major release in the middle… sounds like we will have to wait for a very long time :expressionless:.

1 Like

Same here. 4 years late, I can’t use LO on windows because of this…

1 Like