Search - History in Calc: How to delete?

Hi,

I often need/use the searchfield (bottom left) to find special data.
It remembers every term. My Coworker (at the same Laptop) should not see my search-terms.
How may I delete the history.
The same problem I have with cells and the history of autofills (I know, I can disable that function, but I mean the history after I have use this function…)

I did not find anything in the web, or do I not explain my problem good enough?

Kim

If you both share the same user account, you share a lot more than that.

2 Likes

Same in German Suche/Ersetzen-Verlauf löschen .

The professional solution is to have more than one user in Windows/Linux etc. on the same Laptop and use a shared folder for files every user needs to access. Windows even has a “all user” structure for this. So everybody has his/her own profile of LibreOffice… (During install you may need to check “for all users”)

Hi Wanderer,
thank you for this idea, but I don’t need a windows-solution but inside LibreOffice.
Are there possibilities?
@Villeroy and erAck: while my search goes on, I realized that there could be a greater chance of helpful hints in the english speaking community
I’m hopeful …
Kim

The same type: You can use a second install inside the same account (I use this to test newer versions, without putting my profile in danger) or you may set the used profile via command-line. Safe-mode would also help, but looses a lot more than search-history. All this only fir convenience, not for keeping secrets.

1 Like

Thanks Wanderer, your tipps opened some new options for us:
we didn’t use different userprofiles until now.
And using safe-mode doesn’t bother us, because we have very many cells but no complicate macros.
For us 4 companions we installed the command-line-solution.
Thank you very much!!
Kim

1 Like