set paragraph style in a BASE report field

Is it possible to set the paragraph style in a text field in a report in LO BASE? (for the moment I want only the line spacing have an exact height, but possible solutions with all paragraph settings will be welcome, for future reference)

I have a macro that sets the detail’s rows to set row.IsAutoHeight = True but the paragraph style is “ruining” it. Preferably I want to set the line spacing and all paragraph formating set in report builder rather than search full report write document and change settings. But a more or less complicated macro that sets the paragraph style in the nth column of details table, will be also acceptable.

I have this same issue with Base reports. I print a large document with a recipe on each page and have to go into Writer to set headings to a style to build a Table of Contents.

One of the things I do is prepend a “+++” or some other unique string at the start of a report field so that it is easy to search and find each occurrence of the desired field and replace the “+++” with “” and set the heading. I don’t know if this would be a viable work around for you or not.

Maybe someone will tell us how to set something up to control formatting from Base. I believe reports are basically “Tables” in Writer. I have never seen anything that works like you and I would wish.

@echo8hink If you are looking for TOC and other functions and you are using any DB other than Embedded (even split OK) then you may want to consider a different Report generator. See this page for TOC samples. Dynamic Reports is Java based & non-GUI. Jasper Studio has GUI & browser based server available. Both are based on Jasper Reports engine.

Maybe but report-builder is distributed with libreoffice. Anything else requires more installations, more bugs, more problems, more …

@xoristzatziki This was not an answer to your question. It was a comment to the posted answer and even addressed to that person. Report Builder with LO is very old & has had little in the way of enhancements done to it. The same is true with Embedded HSQLDB which come with LO but many people are not using that either - again old/outdated. There is much you can do with Base but it definitely needs help. The mentioned Report generators are far more productive than Report Builder.