Setting up an equipment information database

I’m using LibreOfficeBase for the first time to set up an equipment information database. What I’d like to have is one master table which has basic information such as an Asset ID number, common name (such as AHU-14), physical location, manufacturer, model & serial number, date of installation, and so forth. Then, for the various classes of equipment, I’d like to have a second table with supplementary information. For an air handling unit this might include motor horsepower, belt size, number and sizes of filters, etc. For a pump, it could include head pressure, motor size and RPM, impeller diameter, and so forth.

Again, I’m unfamiliar with this software. My ultimate goal is to be able to access the data through a “mail merge” to create customized labels which can be installed on the equipment giving the important information. Can someone contribute pointers as to how to begin?

Editing to Add: I’m including samples of what I’d like to get to in the final print output. I’m creating these base templates in Draw, and then I’d like to put appropriate text boxes in them and fill in the information when printing equipment tags. However, I want to have more info in the database than will show up on the equipment tags, things such as airflow, BTU/hr, coil size, piping, and so forth (taken from the equipment schedules which are fading into uselessness after 52 years…).
AHU Info Labels.pdf (115.7 KB)
MaintenanceRecordTag.pdf (80.1 KB)

First, simple approach:
One table with a memo field where you can store arbitrary additional info as unlimited, multi-line text.

Second approach:
A list of property values

Asset_ID Property Value
1 Horse Power 100
1 belt size 2’8’’
1 filter size 5’’
1 filter count 2
2 head pressure 8 bar
2 capacity 1200
2 rpm 6500