Settings Not Saved on Upgrade

In the last upgrade (version 7.2.1.2 done on 2021-09-29) my LibreOffice settings were not saved.

When I now open a document, there I get the squiggle red-line underneath all the words the system thinks I want to correct.
Tools → AutoCorrect → While Typing is checked, when I had it un-checked.
The Auto Correct Replacement tab, which has a list of stuff to get replaced, is now re-populated, when I had deleted them.

It’s basically all the settings I had done to make LibreOffice “mine”.

Over in LibreOffice Calc, I had turned off the “auto complete cells” setting (forgot the name). I just confirmed, and sure enough, Calc is trying to auto-complete the cells from what I had previously entered.

I think this is not the intended behavior from part of the developers… so I maybe I have something wrong on my installation.

Any suggestions as to troubleshoot this issue?
Alternately, is there a way I can “export” my settings before an upgrade?

From my side, with patience, yet it’s frustrating now I have to go all over the software to re-do my settings.

This has happened before, yet I did not write down version number nor date when I upgraded.

Any and all help I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

It looks like you’re under Windows. This OS needs to reset user profile (after a “significant” update, i.e. a change affecting the first or second number in the revision) to get everything right, but this also resets all user settings to factory state.

1 Like

This makes perfect sense.

Thank you!
I did some searching, and on this wiki page it shows where the user settings are located (depending on user’s OS).

I’m going to try it out on next update… which I hope to remember backup before upgrading.

Alternately, I can get all the settings as I want, then create a backup.
If i forget on an upgrade, my “loss of settings” would be somewhat minimal.

Thank for the quick answer!!