Show multiple fields from table in subform

Hi,
My tables are as follows

1. Item - ItemID, Code, Description, some more fields
  2. Order - OrderID, some more fields
  3. OrderDetail - OrderDetailID, OrderID, ItemID, some more fields.

I am creating data entry form for Order.
I need to enter multiple items against a single order. I have created master form and sub form for order and order detail. While selecting item in order detail i am able to create it list box and display item code and linked with item id. that all is working fine.

my question is, i want to display more field of items (in addition to code) in sub form. I want user to see multiple fields say code, description, size from item table and id should be saved in order detail (like its happening right now).

Please help.

See image below for more detail

Hello,

It appears your main question is mis-leading. Details of the question do not seem to relate to a report at all - just a form.

So based on that it looks like you have (internally) the form and subform working properly which gives you the answer. Select a record in the form and the linked subform presents related records.

But Base forms are not limited to form/subform. You can go deeper - subsubform, subsubsubform etc. So the solution is to add a subsubform for Item table with the link to the subform (listbox) being the ItemID.

Hi,
Thank you for your answer but my requirement is to show the item code, description and 1 more attribute on same row in order detail form and for all items in the order detail. once a new item is added/updated in order detail, it should populate all 3 fields on change of one field.

@Kavita,

Display within an existing grid line requires macro code (this is specific to you Base file) and saving this data is actually duplicating the data within the DB - certainly not recommended. Have done something similar in the past. See my answer in this post → How to use user selected value from combobox1 in combobox2 ‘SELECT’ statement.. It is understood you are not using a list box as in the sample but the concept is the same.