Show Recent Documents

I really like the new feature of showing the thumbnail on the startup screen. I am the only user on my computer and very frequently use the same documents for a number of days.

However suddenly LibreOffice has stopped adding files to the recent documents list. I cleared the history and now it just says “No Documents”.

Is there a way to enable the list feature once again?

Thanks
Walter

Which LibO version are you using? As far as I know, version 4.3 has a possibility to switch displaying of recent files on and off. I recommend to look into:

LibO version 4.3.1.2 I have been searching there but of no avail yet

There is an Extension called “History Master” that can be installed. Aside from other handy features, the number of recent documents can be set. Perhaps the recent document number was set to zero by the computer gremlins.

Find it at the openoffice extensions site

I’m not sure where the recent documents number/switch option is found under Tools, Options within LO.

I know that I can add an extension but it is a functionality that was working fine before something happened and all the list went off. Instead of adding an extension I would like to redo the setting.

I have searched the number/switch option but to no avail. I have even modified the main.xcd file to modify the number of files to appear but it did not work.

It hindsight, prior to a re-install, perhaps resetting the user profile may have repaired the problem.

Yes! I just realised that the issue is with the user profile. There was no need to reinstall.

It has happened again, and this time a re-install did not solve the problem. What happened was a sudden system crash and the user profile got corrupted. What you need to do is:

1. Close all LibreOffice instances (including the “QuickStart” on system tray) and rename the folder with your user profile (changing, for example, “user” by “user-old”). There is no need to delete this folder: in fact there is a possibility to recover something (for example, your templates).
  2. Restart LibreOffice: a new user profile will be generated.

For further details see the “Resolving corruption in the user profile” section in the following site: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#User_profile_location