Sidebar Configuration

I noticed that the new Sidebar cannot remember my last selected tab (every time I open LibreOffice, Sidebar shows the Properties tab), and it cannot even remember what tab I closed (from the topleft menu), but again shows them all. Are these bugs or is there a way to make that work?

Could you please inform on which LibO version, which application and which sidebar you are talking about? This information could trigger additional remarks to your bug report.

I’m talking about the LibO version 4.1.0.4 new feature Sidebar: you can open it by clicking Menù\Options\Advanced\Enable experimental features (I’m using Italian version, so I’m not sure about the right words in english).
Then, after the restart of the application, you can see the new sidebar (you can find text formatting tools, the navigator, the gallery and the styles all in one sidebar).
Also if you have the chance to customize this sidebar, it does not remember any change…

I experienced that in Writer and Calc, but I assume is the same for all LibO applications

@Riccardo - Thanks for detailed information, With that I can find it once I change to 4.1

As you suggested, I reported this as a bug. That’s the code: bug 67770

Thanks. I have confirmed the bug.

There does not appear to currently be any open bug report relating to this aspect of the sidebar. Please raise a new bug about this state information not being saved in the user profile. If it is not currently possible (feature does not exist) the QA team will assist you with changing the report from being a bug to an enhancement. Provide as much detail about exactly what it is you would like to see. Report any raised bug back here in the form “fdo#123456”. Thanks.