Sidebar default size with extension

Hello,

I have a java extension that can open and save documents from/to a DB. This includes a custom Sidebar (a XSidebarPanel implementation) showing additional information about the document.
Recently I updated from LO 7.1.6 to LO 7.6.5.2 on windows 11, in this version when I open a document via extension the sidebar is consistently toggling between open and closed each time a document is opened.
To clarify: The sidebar is always active, so the icons are always shown, but the actual data in the panel is folded away and not visible. So it is not like ctrl+f5 toggling to activate/deactivate the sidebar, but a toggle like if one clicks on the sidebar buttons, while it is active.
In 7.1.6 the sidebar would always open visible. Also if I do not use the extension in 7.6.5 and open a file from the harddisk, the sidebar is shown open. Only in 7.6.5 with the extension a file is opened without showing the sidebar on the side the first time. The second time it will show, the third time it will not show again and so on. The extension did not change, only the LO version.
The panel is only one click away, so its not a big issue, still, it would be preferable to have the normal behavior when a file opens. Is there maybe any setting, or any API call I can add to the add-in to make sure the sidebar is completely visible when opening a file?

Is this an extension you have developed yourself? Otherwise you’re going to have to include a link to it or at least a name if you want help troubleshooting.

Yes it is self developed.
The usual stuff for toolbar control I find is something like query for the XLayoutManager and then call to hide/showElement with a resource url . This would behave like strg+f5 though. If I could get the XPanel somehow, there seems to be a collapse functionality. I am just not sure how to get there, but I will eventually. Guess more code and docs reading ahead. :sweat_smile:

So I found time for this, and it seems the XDeck api behaves differently in this version.
In the old version

xDeck.activate(true);

would activate the deck or keep it activated if it was already active, in the 7.6.5 this toggles the deck, causing it to collapse if it is active. So checking via

xDeck.isActive()

before calling solves the issue. Seems like good measure anyway.

1 Like