Slide show within a slide show?

Greetings. I use Impress to manually display slides during a presentation. I would like to have a slide show running in a loop while folks are coming in and getting seated. Ideally, I would like to switch from this “loop” into my presentation as seamlessly as possible. (I know it’s asking a lot, but I thought it was worth asking.)

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

The way offering least complication on the night would be to have your loop as a video set to play on the first slide (enable repeat). The next click of the presenter would take you into your presentation proper.

OR in Windows (alter shortcuts to suit for your OS )

If both presentation were already full screen, and you were running Windows, you could Alt+Tab into the other presentation. You would need to be on the ball as you would have to Alt+Tab into the slideshow, not the editing window.

Better to use two virtual desktops (Task View > New desktop Win+Tab) each with a presentation in full screen sideshow. To switch between them in Windows use Ctrl+Win+arrow. New desktop and shortcuts

I suspect there are other ways too. Cheers, Al

Hello Al.

And thanks for your suggestion. I apologize for not responding sooner. I’ll try the approach you suggested. I didn’t know you could have some slides auto repeat (loop) and the remainder controlled manually. I’ll certainly give it a try.

Thanks again and very best regards,

Mike