Snap to... function: does it work?

hi, I’m trying to make snap functionality work on Draw (Libre office v. 24.2.03): it doesn’t seem to work in general, while on Inkscape it works but for what I have to draw, diagrams on the fretboard image of a guitar, it’s really complex to learn and manage and instead of saving time to study on the guitar courses on line i’m wasting it.
Basically I’m trying (as a simple free alternative to the specific Neck diagram 2 software) to set snap points for colored disks on the image of a guitar fretboard, which in the other vector graphics program correspond to the following settings: snap to the center of the objects and snap to the intersection between the lines (vertical and horizontal, an hidden grid created by me on the base image), while the other non-useful snap options remain deactivated. In the case of Draw, what can you do with the snap function other than snap to the grid which seems to don’t work ? Is it possible to achieve a similar behavior whereby the colored disks only snap to pre-established points on the image of the fretboard ?

thanks

As far as I can tell, snap is to the edge of the object, not the centre. With the below settings, you can see the snap working, but might not suit your requirements

You might like to look at this extension, ChordDiagrams » Extensions

many thanks !
I will definitely try that extension that you suggested soon… it could be a good compromise even if I had started various notes of the course modules including diagrams based on that typical fretboard with a yellowish background and dot markers (available in neck diagram 2) which is used by my main teacher, unfortunately not always to visually integrate all the video lessons.

update: Unfortunately the extension doesn’t start at all in the latest version of Libre Office: if I understand correctly it works up to a very old version of Libre Office (5.4.3)… I can’t use it, I need at least the latest stable version (7.x.x) to write Writer documents and keep accounts personal with Calc. It’s a shame that in many years the developer has not managed to update to a function compatible with Libre Office versions from the last year.

Sorry, my mistake ChordDiagrams works in Writer, not Draw.

There was a bug that affected versions up to 5.4.3 but we can ignore that, its too old. The version on the extensions site is 9 months old.

It adds a toolbar to Writer:

Hi, ah, now I get it!
Thanks for the clarification! Actually on Writer the extension works: I started by doing a small test and, except for any graphic integrations that may be necessary, in this way you can directly insert a basic model diagram in the Writer file of the course notes.