[SOLVED] Error in installing extension: "not supported on this computer"

Hello everyone.
I’ve been asked to install an extension on LibreOffice version 5.2.6.2.
Anyway, every time I try, by double clicking on extension or by extension manager, I get error “Extension non supported on this computer” (this should be the correct translation in English from Italian).

I tried with more recent versions of LibreOffice (5.4.7 and 6.0.4), but nothing changed.
I suspected that error could depend on the version of operative system, since I’ve been told that extension works on a machine with Win 10 e LIbreOffice 5.2.6.2, but trying on a pc with same configuration nothing changed.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

EDIT
Operative system: Windows 7
Target LibreOffice version: 5.2.6.2

SOLUTION
I removed 64 bits version of LibreOffice and installed 32 bits version.

It’s impossible to tell anything without knowing what extension is being discussed. And also, you didn’t state your OS clearly (except for the possibility that it’s a flavor of Windows); no bitness - neither for OS, nor for LibreOffice, and that may be important for an extension as well (if it’s platform-specific), so the working system data is useful, too.

thanks for your partecipation.
I edited my post with some data you requested.
The extension I have to install was created by a programmer who worked on my project in the past.
It’s not a popular extension and belongs to my company, then I’m not allowed to post any information about it. I can just tell that it was programmed in Visual Basic.
Mainly, I’d like to know what may have generated this problem, in order to take action and try to solve.

it might be:

1. Absent libraries required for Visual Basic code;
  2. Mismatch between the bitness of LibreOffice and extension;
  3. Mismatch between the bitness of extension and OS;
  4. A bug in the extension;
  5. A bug in extension’s installer/package;
  6. A code in the extension that binds the extension to a specific system;
  7. … ?

Btw, you haven’t provided the bitness info for all involved components.

Certain extensions are OS-specific. This might be a problem as well.

created by a programmer who worked on my project in the past. It’s not a popular extension and belongs to my company,

Then asking here is a very bad waste of time for you and for other people. Ask the programmer instead.

how can I check the bitness of extension?

thank you Mike Kaganski.
You answer inspired me and I decided to switch to 32 bits edition.