Solver nonlinear optimization not working properly

I am trying to put the algorithm from this paper on 3D printed coil springs into a spreadsheet so that myself and other makers can easily generate optimized coil spring profiles for 3D printing. At the moment, it seems like everyone just sort of “eye-balls” it, so I think this will be a valuable resource. I can’t get the sovler to solve this model though, and it’s probably because I’m not a STEM person and I don’t really know what I’m doing.

When I run the solver, I always get astronomical values where single or double digit values are expected. Now, I have a set of inputs and outputs from the research paper, and based on that I believe that I have entered the formulas correctly. But it seems like I’m not setting up the sheet the way the solver wants it to be set up. If anyone would take a look at the file and just let me know if there is something clearly wrong with it I would appreciate that greatly. I know this is potentially a very complicated issue and I don’t want to ask so much as to be rude.

Torsion Coil Spring Optimization Algorithm.ods (29.1 KB)

I bet the solver parameters aren’t saved in the file so here they are:

Target cell:
D33

Variables:
D13:D16

Constraints:
D27=0
D28=0
D29=0
D30=0
D31<=0
D32<=0