Some document headings are being demoted

Hi all. I have a document that is produced automatically. The template it uses has headings and text and pulls in headings and text from other files. It has portrait and landscape pages as well if it makes any difference.

When the report is generated, in the final report ToC, a lot of the headings are demoted by one or two levels, where as some are not. It seems to be failing around changes in page orientation (i guess different sections perhaps).

I have through each template file and made sure all heading styles are identical to each other, checked page styles, I can’t see why it is doing this. It is very annoying to see these ToC errors.

Can anyone suggest things I can look at?
Windows 10.
Version: 7.0.1.2.0+ (x64)

Difficult to tell without looking at one or files. You tell text is “pulled” from other files. How? Do you use the master feature with sub-documents or Insert>Text from File?

It might be a problem of conflicting styles or Tools>Heading Numbering configuration between files. Are all your files based on the same template (document with extension .ott)? Have you direct formatting (which defeats anything you set up with styles)?

Can you describe the automatic process? (needed to evaluate the degree of formatting “purity”)

Yes. Look at this:

and compare to the current supported versions. I would first try if later versions have maybe fixed this. Especially when the version you use is one of early adopter X.Y.1 versions…

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have found the issue. It’s not actually a LO problem but a setting within the other program causing this. The templates were fine, but this other program shifted the heading levels if it imported other templates. Don’t ask me why they thought this was a good idea.

Panic over.