Split database not working after update to LO 24.2.5.2

I have a split database created using Split_HSQLDB_2.3.2_Wizard_v3 which has worked fine until I updated to the latest LO release.
Now when I try to open a form I get the following error:-

The connection to the data source “Split_HSQLDB_2.3.2_Wizard_v3” could not be established at C:/cygwin64/home/buildslave/source/libo-core/dbaccess/source/ui/misc/datasourceconnector.cxx:177

Originally the error related to hsqldb.jar but I followed advice in other posts and changed the location it was pointing to and that brought me to where I am now.
I should say that I know virtually nothing about SQL or databases in general and everything I’ve done has been just parrotting instructions on this and other forums.

Is the version of the wizard I’m using not compatible with the latest LO? If not, is there a newer version?

Install my FreeHSQLDB extension, open your database document and run Tools>Macros>Run>FreeHSQLDB>FreeHSQLDB>Main
You get a dialog with some options and 2 paths to your database’s script file and to your driver. If any of the two is no longer valid, the path is shown with a red background. Click the first or second button to specify the location of your database’s script file or to your hsqldb.jar respectively.

Thanks for this. Something strange happened.
In an effort to get your macro to run, I reduced security settings to Low. Before I’d even run the macro I tried to open a form and it worked! This was on a copy of the DB I downloaded for safety.
I’ve since tried it on the live version (hosted on Mega) and that now works too.

Move this setting to the highest level and add your documents’ directory to the list of “trusted sources”. Do NOT add your downloads directory. Move any trusted documents from downloads to documents.

Well done. This backup copy included the right path settings to your database and the driver.

1 Like

Done. Many thanks