Standalone form appears blank Base 5.1.1.3

I created a standalone form by saving it as an .odt file. I made sure the database is registered but when I open the standalone form it opens with no data as if in edit mode. I want to use this form for data editing and entry so I need to get it working that way. Any suggestions?

I found an answer to the question. I’ve been watching TheFrugalComputerGuy’s videos to learn about databases in LibreOffice Base. LibreOffice Base (61) Standalone Forms on YouTube walks you through the procedure to create standalone forms for data input and editing. The video’s URL is:

I recommend this video series to anyone leaning LibreOffice Base. They walk you through all aspects of designing relational databases.

You are correct. My apology for misdirection. I forget about standalone or switchboard forms because I do this directly in base using macros.

No problem and I’ll look into macros to learn how to use them. I’m fairly new in all this.

Data is not entered or edited in that manner using Base. For a complete explanation of how forms play an important role in this, see the Base documentation at:
Document Foundation

Standalone forms still don’t work in The new version of Libreoffice 6.2.1 base UNLESS you SPLIT the DATABASE first…check it our here…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtKXPvckOg