Status bar at bottom does not update as I read (page #'s)

I’m reading on the most current version (6.0.3.2) 64 bit Windows version of writer and while reading documents I have noted that the page numbers (which I’m almost sure used to track what page I was currently on) no longer do.
It simply remains (for example) ‘1 of 6’ as I page through the document editing. Am I insane or is this a bug?
Also of note, is the page count is quite wrong. The current document I’m reading is 14 pages long (so where 1 of 6 came from…I don’t know)
Added: I am in normal view and I do advance the cursor as I edit. No change.

If you use the scroll bar to navigate, so you don’t change the location of the cursor, then the page number isn’t updated. That’s probably intentional.

In Web view the page boundaries are ignored, the entire document sits on a single page. Curiously, page breaks do occur in large documents, I don’t know why.

No, I don’t think that’s it. If my cursor stays parked on p. 1, the status bar page updates to show the currently displayed page. It doesn’t matter where the cursor is. I think I’ve seen OP’s issue reported by others, but can’t locate them just now.

I have the same problem, very annoying.
Page number, word count etc. shows only for page 1

Same problem on the same version, regardless of document. No info on the status bar is updated (page #s, language, zoom), regardless of what you do.

tdf#116208