stop cursor from blinking

I would like to stop the cursor from blinking in linux. To me is a distraction.
Is that possible in libreoffice writer?

Blinking cursor is an additional visual clue for the active window (though I know of some apps which don’t behave as they should and “forget” to disable the cursor when they have not the focus).

This blinking cursor is a property of the widget set used by the app (GTK+, Qt, X11, …). It is usually handled by the window manager and the desktop manager. This is a part of the OS GUI and is controlled outside of LO. If you know how to fiddle with the widget configuration, you may have a try, but I don’t recommend it as you can very easily damage your GUI beyond repair.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer which is reserved for solutions) or comment the relevant answer.

The info about the widget set may be totally correct: I’m not up on that code.

I do know, however, that THE CURSOR blinking is a major interference with my writing concentration.

My free Notetab Light 7.2, when focused and not receiving input, stops blinking the cursor after 5 blinks.

The richtext.pas component, from Delphi development environments, also stop the cursor from blinking after 5 blinks. This appears to be a default property. I would surely appreciate having my main writing tool - LO Writer - support the cessation of a blinking cursor from blinking my mind.