Stop LO from auto-starting

Hi,
for some reason the LO-panel (just named “Office”) keeps auto-starting after booting since the last update. Is this a known issue and/or is there some workaround? There is no entry in the “Autostart” section of my OS.

OS: Kubuntu 22.04 (Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.1)
LO: Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community, Build ID: 30(Build:2)

[Solved]: It actually was an issue with KDE saving the session. Here is how I disabled it: System Settings → Startup and Shutdown → Desktop Session → When logging in: Start with an empty session.

BR

LibreOffice can not start itself. Your desktop system starts graphical programs. In the system settings you can set up autostart programs. I think that KDE can restore previous sessions which includes starting the same programs as before. If I remember correctly, KDE is able to store profiles of sesstions, for instance “Private” with programs A,B,C and “Business” with programs X, Y, Z.

1 Like

Perhaps an Ubuntu-specific question. Have you tried AskUbuntu? If yes, please add cross-link in your question (by editing it, not adding a comment).

Thanks Villeroy and ajlittoz for your quick replies. It actually was an issue with KDE saving the session. Here is how I disabled it: System Settings → Startup and Shutdown → Desktop Session → When logging in: Start with an empty session.

There is a field called “Don’t restore these applications” where I think you can manually prohibit LO from being restored, but I prefer it the way described above, anyway. I’m quite new to the KDE environment myself, so I wasn’t aware of this. Thank you both!

1 Like

KDE is a very powerful and versatile desktop manager, but difficult to master. Welcome aboard.
It effectively can restore your session as it was before you closed it. I personally prefer to enable “Restore session”, just caring to close the applications I don’t want to be restarted.

@Villeroy: the feature you remember vaguely is called Activities. It allows you to present on your screen a different view of your environment (mainly your home directory) so that you can separate your “activities” without mixing them accidentally. IMHO, it is a substitute for creating several accounts for the same person. This makes sense in a large organisation where users get a single account from IT people. On a personal computer, I think it is better to allocate more than one account so that there is better protection for your data (through the “owner, group, other” rights), e.g. one account for office work (email, letters, budget management, …) one for pleasure (games), one for development (you know how dangerous are undebugged programs), …