Strange minimized state of LO Writer in Ubuntustudio 20.04.2

I was experimenting with Ubuntustudio 20.04.2 and used the LibreOffice 6.4.6.2 which came with it to take notes about my observations.

Help told me about this version:
Version: 6.4.6.2;
Build ID: 1:6.4.6-0ubuntu0.20.04.1;
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.8; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

It happened several times (I don’t know when and what caaused it) that my LO Writer Window collapsed to a tiny icon looking like this:

collapsed state of LO Writer

When grabbing at this collapsed icon, I could extend it to the right (giving me the title bar and next extend it upward or downward (giving me back my LO Writer window). I have never seen such a crazy minimized state.

Is this something which I could happen once for all? I don’t really know what this state, which is even worse than the “einrollen” state, is really good for. Second question: Is it possible to prevent the “einrollen”-state too, once for all?

Is it possible to prevent the “einrollen”-state too, once for all?

In my experience with LO under ubuntu 20.04, it may happen but once you have taken the steps you mention, LO will generally open in the condition in which you last clsed LO and that seems to work across the range with Writer and Calc included.

Not an answer, extending the question. I am seeing the same weird collapsed icon with Writer 7.1.2.2 on Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon. It happens any time I click the Writer window icon to resize the window - instead of resize, LO minimizes to the weird icon and I have to RMB/maximize from the icon in the bottom panel to restore the LO window, so I am stuck with either full screen LO or minimized, no way to resize the LO window to only take up part of the screen. I have tried deleting and reinstalling LO, same behavior. Happens only on Writer for me, all other LO applications will allow me to resize windows correctly. LO Writer had been functioning fine, started this behavior out of the blue (maybe related to an update to some bit of system software used by LO.) Any clues how to fix this?

I have found that by selecting the LibreOffice 7.1 icon from Office and then selecting Writer from it’s list of applications, resize works correctly. If I launch LO Writer directly from the Office folder then I get the incorrect resize behavior.