Styles are messed up after update (or I might have accidently pressed the wrong key?)

I opened a document in Libre Office Writer today and noticed that the UI seems new and that a bunch of my styles have purple highlighting. Is this a bug or did I press a wrong key? How do I fix this?

I am on Ubuntu 22.04.

Edit:
The current LibreOffice version is 7.3.7.2. How can I see what the previous version was?

Edit your question (= modify it with the “pencil” tool) to mention older and newer version numbers.
Have you the same highlighting with Show previews unticked?
If you select Hierarchical from the styles bottom menu (with Show previews ticked), on which sub-root does the highlight occur? This will tell you which style has been altered. I’d bet for List but List 1 and List 1 Cont. are untouched (unless you customised them).

@ajlittoz No, the highlighting is like that only when Show previews is ticked. Yes, you are right: List and everything from List 2 onwards is highlighted, but List 1 is not highlighted.

Then it is likely that you changed highlight colour in List and it is forwarded to all descendant styles. You also cancelled the setting of List in List 1. Right-click on List in the style sidepane and Modify. Look at the Organizer tab to see all the changes made. Is there a colour modification (notified with something like RGB(x,y,z))?

Yes, that was exactly the case. Thank you very much for the solution!

For best result, don’t force highlighting to None (because you then break the inheritance chain). Instead, press the Reset to Parent button in the Highlighting tab. I recommend you do the same in List 1.

Setting any attribute is not the same reverting it to parent value. Only the aforementioned button keeps the inheritance so that changing an attribute higher in the hierarchy is still forwarded to current style and descendants. The button sets all attributes in the tab to “transparent” state. This is not shown in the GUI as controls are displayed as set or reset while “transparent” is a third state which is not taken into account by the widget library.

1 Like