Suddenly cannot edit tables within a document

My wife has suddenly encountered a problem with libreoffice writer where the border lines in tables have disappeared in the document and the print. If I open the document on my computer, everything is fine. If I log in to her computer and edit the document, everything is fine. We have discovered that she also cannot add rows or columns to the tables. If she prints the doucment, the table borders do not print, but if I print it they do.

This is for libreoffice 4.2.3.2 on Fedora 20.

I have removed .config/libreoffice in her directory and re-started to no effect, so it doesn’t seem to be a libreoffice setting that is getting confused. I have restored her entire .config directory from two weeks ago (when things were working fine) and the problem still persists.

Any suggestions what to try next? This is totally baffling…

marcus hall
marcus@tuells.org

Please have a look at table borders disappeared….

Yes, this was an issue that “Table->Table Boundaries” was not checked. I’m not sure where the settings are saved, since I thought I had removed all of the settings so that my wife would go back to the defaults, and I don’t recall ever setting that for myself, so I imagine that I was set up for the defaults…

Nevertheless, that does seem to have cured the problem. Thanks!