Suggestion for LO Writer Tables

I would like to make a suggestion to the devs.
In LO Writer, I want to create a table and have rounded corners, there currently is no option other than ‘square’ corners, I would like to see the option to have rounded corners too. Where do I put my suggestion?

As this feature is not supported by the OpenDocument v1.2 specification you will need to get it past OASIS before TDF can work on implementing it. I suggest subscribing to the OASIS opendocument-users mailing list. You probably want to mention that you are looking for a way of applying something like (but not necessarily identical to) this Draw property:

20.163 draw:stroke-linejoin The draw:stroke-linejoin attribute
specifies the shape at the corners of
paths or other vector shapes when they
are stroked. The defined values for
the draw:stroke-linejoin attribute
are:

• bevel: See §11.4 of [SVG].
  • middle: mean value between joins is used (deprecated)
  • miter: See §11.4 of [SVG].
  • none: no shape specified.
  • round: See §11.4 of [SVG].

… to the border of a table. The current styling XML code for the default table insertion is:

<style:default-style style:family="table">
   <style:table-properties table:border-model="collapsing"/>
</style:default-style>

The border-model property relates to cell borders, so you can ignore that. The related section of the specification reads:

17.15 <style:table-properties> The <style:table-properties> element
specifies formatting properties for tables.

The <style:table-properties> element is usable within the following elements: <style:default-style> 16.4 and <style:style> 16.2.

The <style:table-properties> element has the following attributes: fo:background-color 20.175, fo:break-after 20.177, fo:break-before 20.178, fo:keep-with-next 20.194, fo:margin 20.198, fo:margin-bottom 20.199, fo:margin-left 20.200, fo:margin-right 20.201, fo:margin-top 20.202, style:may-break-between-rows 20.311, style:page-number 20.320, style:rel-width 20.332.2, style:shadow 20.349, style:width 20.389, style:writing-mode 20.394.7, table:align 20.404, table:border-model 20.405 and table:display 20.406.

The <style:table-properties> element has the following child element: <style:background-image> 17.3.

I imagine therefore that you are probably looking for something like:

<style:default-style style:family="table">
   <style:table-properties table:border-model="collapsing" table:border-corner="round"/>
</style:default-style>

Thus a new table:border-corner (or similar) property, with a variety of possible values (e.g., square, chamfer, round, etc.)

If you go ahead with this request can you please periodically report back about how it progresses?

When we are talking about rounded corners there is also a radius to get a shape. Look for example at http://border-radius.com/ and in one of the corners instead of 0 write 30 and then 100 to see what the radius is.

@froz, this is a good point. Exactly how OASIS/TDF would define/implement such a feature is variable. It really comes down to how other products do this (assuming they do) and what the convention is.

@pooky2483 - Your question “Where do I put my suggestion?”

https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Make a bug report and add Enhancement Request into the subject line.