Table pasted from a spreadsheet has rows that are unreachable in the writer document

A table pasted from a spreadsheet has rows that are unreachable in the writer document!
How do I get to the other columns of the table??? There are roughly 20 columns in the spreadsheet from which this was copied. What good is it to have a table with columns that cannot be accessed?

Maybe paste it as a Writer table so it can span pages. The contents would be just text.
[Edit]
Maybe that is what you have done and the table is wider than the margins. To cram everything into the width:

1. Click in the table and then click Table > Properties
  2. In the new dialogue set the Width of the table to the same as margin width, let’s say 17 cm. Click OK.
  3. The entire table width is now between the margins but probably there is insufficient room (17 cm / 20 = 0.85 cm per column) for the contents so:
    1. Reduce the font size of the text, and/or
    2. Increase the page size in Format > Page style, or
    3. Turn the page to Landscape (25.7 cm / 20 = 1.285 cm per column) in Format > Page style and set the new width again.

Alternatively, paste the table again but this time, *Edit > Paste Special > Paste Special > LibreOffice x.x Spreadsheet*. It will paste between the page margins but the text might be unreadably small

I assume you can not access the part wich does not fit in the box you pasted the data in. But you may change your document to show more (rotate page 90 degrees, resize from a4 to a3, using smaller fonts etc.) and I hope the data will show then…
And the other way round: Would you prefer Writer to tell you “Sorry, will not paste, as you can not access everything afterwards?” or “Will not paste an OLE-object until you confirm to have read the manual. (May we test your knowledge?)”.

1 Like