Text does not render when exporting as PDF file. Ubuntu 20.10

I am having some issue that seems to appear after updating to Ubuntu 20.10. I don’t know if I should ask it at a Ubuntu specific platform but I expect it is more relevant to LibreOffice than Ubuntu because I still haven’t experience any issue with other software.

So the problem is that the texts won’t render when exporting to PDF, but the images and markups are still applied as normal, I compared it to another export on Windows 10. I also have exports before the upgrade that are normal but I don’t want to show it here.

There is another problem that the UI acts weird sometimes and on the TexMath extension and sometime when navigating through the text using the arrow keys the cursor stays on the line unless I get back on it and it leaves stationary temporary vertical bars on texts until the file is closed.

The UI missing the icons, the icons can be restored by pointing the GUI cursor at it or activating it like the strike through key below that activated because I moved the cursor to a line with strike through.

To provide more information, the system prompted me to overwrite the sofficerc with configurations, I manually updated it by adding the missing line which is CrashDumpEnabled=true. I have also reinstalled libreoffice using apt but I did not purge any config file.


  • LibreOffice 40(Build:2) on Ubuntu Groovy 20.10 with LXQt 0.14.1
  • LibreOffice Version: (x64) on Windows 10 Pro (for comparison)

All test files are at Google Drive because this forum only allows document files.

sofficerc and sofficerc.txt are the same file with different extensions for preview

If you want to upload files to this site, just fake the extension to an allowed one an d leave a note about its true nature.

Please read the answer this question Cannot print anything, exporting to PDF produces blank PDF (Lubuntu 20.04)

In fact this seems to be a combination of problems with Ubuntu 20.04 and LibreOffice

While this fixed the issue I have trouble comprehending the awk command and the purpose of the ure package.
I didn’t change the extension because I have once tried changing the file name and ruined it probably because of some programs I accidentally ran on it, even though it is android and I know my desktop better it still stirs the fear out of my mind.

About URE: See Ubuntu – Package Search Results -- ure. This is related to LibreOffice and hence my command does delete this package as well. Strangely Ubuntu maintainers remove any reference to libreoffice from the package name itself (TDF native rpm package is called libreoffice6.4-ure, which definitely makes clear that it is a package related to and installed by LibreOffice).

**About AWK:** This command just selects all packages installed (ii) on your system and having a package name starting with `libreoffice`
What is meant by the *extension* remark is completely unclear to me (sorry)