Text formatting with text boxes for stamp collecting

I have no problem with my pages until I am under a text box where I want to place text freeform with out it relating to other text for a stamp display page I will attach sample of my problem here. What setting do I need to change for text under the boxes
1Musical Bow.odt (14.8 KB)

I have looked at your document.
The way the document looks, you are using Writer like a typewriter.
If you plan to use the text boxes for pictures of your stamps, I see that as the wrong way to go.
Pictures that are inserted can be given a frame using a labeling. Both image and frame each have a frame style associated with them.
An alternative to this, would be to use tables with one row and three columns.

To help you better, explain the use of the text boxes, what you want to use them for.
Specify your operating system, the LibreOffice version and the saved file format.
Edit your question so that all relevant information is in one place.
Do not write in comments or answer boxes yet.

Examples:

87845 HB01-frames 1Musical Bow

87845 HB01-frames 1Musical Bow.odt (92,0 KB)

87845 HB02-tables 1Musical Bow.odt (90,7 KB)

The images have been reduced in resolution so that the files can be uploaded here.
The examples are also not quite perfect yet, but show how a solution can look like.

1 Like

The table suggestion is the way to go. It allows to neatly align vertically and horizontally the pictures. Since each cell does not interfere with any other, you are totally free to label or not your pictures in any way you like.
For your own comfort, learn how to use styles to simplify your life. See the Writer Guide.

Remark: you are not using “text boxes” but “frames”. Frames are the right tools here. As a general rule, avoid using text boxes which are decoration graphical shapes separate from the text. Since they are decoration, they don’t provide all the formatting possibilities offered by Writer. And they are a nightmare to manage.

Thanks very much for your help , the sample you provided helped greatly I will use this method with the pages I have left to make to exhibit I liked that I can put the text right under the stamps as this is required for clarity of the exhibit . Regards Bob Forrest