Text gets scrambled when I paste text into document?

When pasting text from email into documents text gets scrambled?

OS, LO version

What is the source email application? Have you tried Edit>Paste Special, Unformatted text?

To answer my question, edit yours (don’t use an answer which is reserved for “solutions”).

1 Like

That worked thanks

I made my comment into an answer.

That worked perfectly! Thank you!

Paste without formatting.

ATTENTION: If you would like to give more details to your question, use edit in question or add a comment below. Thank you.

If the answer met your need, please click on the ball Descrição da imagem to the left of the answer, to finish the question.

When you copy “text” in any application, data is stored in the clipboard primarily in the application internal format (since copy-n-paste is mainly used inside a single app) to keep formatting. Usually, the same data is also stored in alternate formats so that “external” inter-application copy-n-paste can be successful if destination app does not understand source app format.

In LO, Edit>Paste (Ctrl+V) uses the primary format. Edit>Paste Special (Ctrl+Shift+V) opens a dialog allowing to choose of of the alternate formats if any. Among them, there is Unformatted text.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!