Text surrounded by lines?

I have downloaded several sections of a statute to a Writer document. Each subsection of the statute is contained in its own “box.” It’s apparently not a frame (though I’m not sure), and it is not that the paragraph is formatted with borders. But the boxes are preventing me from extracting all the text so I can treat is as a single block, not enclosed in anything.
I’m sure I’m missing something simple. Can someone give me a simple explanation and tell me what to do? Thanks.

I have downloaded several sections of a statute…

What file format?

Please complete your question.
The help on this page is mainly provided by users like you.

An important aspect is the correct specification of the tags.
Choose at least one of the valid tags that match your situation: Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Math, Base or Common.

Your question and the corresponding description should be as detailed as possible.
Please remember that no one can look over your shoulder when you ask your question and describe it.

In order to be able to help you, we need to know your operating system and the LibreOffice version (four-digit, e.g. 7.4.5.1).
Please also state the file type in which you have saved your file.

All important information about your initial question should be present in the initial question box, otherwise edit and complete it., to do it.

Please do not use answers (solutions) or comments for this.

If you have already fulfilled some of these requirements, so much the better. Thanks.

Upload a reduced and anonymized file here so that someone can examine it.

Here you can find the further References for this page.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

1 Like

What was your process for including this information into your Writer document? Did you download files and use Insert>Text from File…?
Did you use Copy and Paste? Describing your process step by step would greatly aid in trying to find a solution to your problem.