The clipboard does not work correctly? Part 2, to be continued

What? This is an issue with LibreOffice, not the system.

@endolith:
Who can read is definitely ahead

it’s more likely you suffer of one of them than you need to rework your system,

not ‘then’,
IFAIK issue is resolved since ~ 2 years, was a ‘you need to redial if occupied’ problem …

No, the issue is not resolved, and not a system problem, it’s a flaw in LibreOffice.

@endolith
I don’t understand where you see that I stated it’s a system issue ???
AFAIK there are / have been two nested layers of problem:
1.) LO is sensitive to clipboard managers, doesn’t play well when such is active.
measure: switch off, not always easy if it comes with your system / distro and you even don’t know about.
2.) LO had an incompatibility with an insane windows construction which is similar to ‘redial on busy’, LO didn’t know that they have to try again and again, thus didn’t.
measure: there exists a patch which makes LO ‘redialing’, IMHO it’s in master since about 2 years.
With both of above applied clipboard problems vanished for me.
If you still see problems: research at bugs.documentfoundation.org, ‘clipboard’, ‘copy’, ‘paste’, and if you don’t find a solution file a new bug.

Don’t bother, just a waste of time.

It’s a mess of half-knowing people who are overwhelmed with the complexity of their own product, an unpleasant ‘discussion style’ ( Mike Kakanski ), and a stupid ‘stewardship’ of pushing problems around for years instead of doing something about them, but!
1.) Sometimes they improve something, e.g. against the copy/paste problem, and
2.) We do not have anything better.

Good time of the day everyone!
I videotaped the clipboard issue.

video

Everything is shown with the regional settings of the interface. I did not switch to English, so as not to “frighten off” the situation. The content of the Windows exchange is shown first. Then I paste in the Calc sheet. It can be seen that the content is pasted that does not match the clipboard. I have been seeing this problem for several years since I started using LibreOffice.

Version: 7.5.5.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: ca8fe7424262805f223b9a2334bc7181abbcbf5e
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI: ru-RU
Calc: CL threaded

1 Like

Good time of the day everyone!
I videotaped the clipboard issue.

video

Everything is shown with the regional settings of the interface. I did not switch to English, so as not to “frighten off” the situation. The content of the Windows exchange is shown first. Then I paste in the Calc sheet. It can be seen that the content is pasted that does not match the clipboard. I have been seeing this problem for several years since I started using LibreOffice.
P.S. I do not use any additional software for the clipboard.

1 Like

As of 11/26/2022, I have LibreOffice Writer 7.4.2.3 on Windows 10 Pro, and have experienced the intermittent copy and paste issues described many times on at least 3 different machines, including my office machine provided by our IT Department.
I have no idea what the issue is, but found that logging out of Windows and back in often fixes it temporarily.
Reboot is not needed in my experience.
Hopefully this is helpful to some.

2 Likes

I had this problem, LO not picking up text from the Windows clipboard. Having read some of the replies here, I found the following worked. Go to another application and copy some plain text (e.g. from Notepad, which only deals in plain text). Go to the LO document and hit Ctrl-V – magically it’s back to working as expected. Now go copy the formatted text you really wanted and paste that in – even more magically, that works too.

I’ve no idea how it got into the errored state, but this seems to get you out of it.

1 Like

Ok, this should be the definitive explanation and way to paste.
Windows 10 has a multi-entry clipboard.
If you will press Windows Key + V you will open the multi-entry clipboard.
There select the entry you wish to paste to Libre Office or Open Office and paste (tested with pasting plain text). It should paste the exact contents of the entry you selected.