the installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file c:windows\system32\concrt140.dll

Attempting to instal the current version on a W7 machine, I get a series of error messages, the first one of which is:

the-installer-has-insufficient-privileges-to-modify-the-file-cwindowssystem32concrt140dll

Eventually the attempted installation fails.

I have disabled the Avira antivirus program, and I do not have Windows Defender going.

I have checked on the properties of the file mentioned in the error message, and only TrustedInstaller has the permission to modify it.

That must mean to this newby that there must be something in the installer which prevents W7 from recognizing it as a TrustedInstaller.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help

General Installation Issues (Windows)

If my answer has solved your problem, please click on the checkmark in the circle image description to the left of the answer and click on the arrow ^ for upvote. This will tell the community that the question has been answered correctly.

Specifically, note the last advice to prepare and provide logs if you can’t solve the problem using other means.