The path for templates is invalid

So I tried to create a new Write document today - and got a pop-up with the following message: “/home/<user>/DocumentsTemplates/MyDefaultWriterTemplate.ott does not exist.” (Note the lack of a slash between Documents and Templates.) The actual paths (from Tools->Paths, Templates) are: /home/<user>/.config/libreoffice/4/users/template and /home/<user>/Templates, with the latter being the default value.

I have verified that the /home/<user>/Templates directory actually exists, and that the file (files, actually) are present. However, I have no idea how to tell LibreOffice (v. 7.6.4.1 on Ubuntu 22.04) that it’s using the wrong directory.

Any help would be appreciated…

I should also note that looking for (and opening) the templates works fine from inside Writer.

How exactly did you create the new document? Describe your procedure step by step.

Open LibreOffice (opens to a screen with options/list of apps on the left and recently opened files on the right)
Click on “Writer Document”
Error message appears

If error appears as soon as Writer starts, it means you have somehow customised it to replace the system default template by yours.

Try to reconfigure the default template in File>Templates>Manage Templates after dismissing the error. If you can’t eliminate the error pop-up, restart in safe mode.

I changed the default template to a different one, that worked. Changed it back to mine (which was the goal), that works.

Thank you; much appreciated.