The right way to sign a macro

How can I sign the macro I write with my pgp key and share them to my friends?
It seem that libreoffice encourage signing macro,
because the default option is only trust the signed macro.

However, everytime I open the file containing the signed macro, it asked me whether to always trust it.
Even if I choose Always Trust Macro from this source, it still ask me the same question next time.

There is no pgp key show up in the Options / Security / Macro Security / Trust Source after that too.
On linux, after I trust my pgp signed macro, it show severial Broken certificate data dialog when I click the macro security.

Finally, if I open a file with signed macro, it ask me whether to trust it and show a view signature button. If I press the button, the libreoffice hang.
The macro is signed with pgp, and the document is not signed.

Are there a full tutorial about signing a macro with pgp? There are some videos about signing macro, but I don’t know which cert manager does they use.
When I click start certificate manager in Tool / Macro / Digital Signature, it said there is not manager found on linux; on windows it just hang.

The macro I sign with gpg on debian bullseye, LibreOffice 7.0.4.2 00(Build:2)
macro2.ods (12.5 KB)

Full libreoffice version:

Version: 7.0.4.2
Build ID: 00(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: en-US (zh_TW.UTF-8); UI:zh-TW
Debian package version: 1:7.0.4-4+deb11u7
Calc: threaded

If you hope to receive any answers, retag your question. You marked it meta which means a problem with the AskLO site.

Make explicit your context. I had to guess from the file extension you’re working with Calc, so use calc tag. Also this deals with macros, add macro tag.

Edit (= modify it, don’t use a comment) your question to mention OS name, LO version (with all 4 figures, or better paste the result of Help>About LO). Describe how you got your certificate and where you stored it.

Thanks! I did not realize the meta meaning the ask.libreoffice itself.
Though I use calc, it is mainly the question about macro and signature, but not the calc.

I reported this:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156340

Need your version information, from Help - About LibreOffice. You can add it there.

1 Like