Theming LO menus and toolbars

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using Libreoffice for many years now, mostly to write documents, with the occasional presentation and Calc sheet. While I mostly like LO’s UI, I find the contrast between the various toolbar buttons to be too low, especially between the tabs of the Notebookbar mode, and I’d like to customize their colors.

So I looked up to see if there was a way to change the colors and the spacing of menus/buttons/toolbars, but I couldn’t find any. Is there any (relatively) simple way to do that? I’m down to edit configuration files if it comes to that, I know Libreoffice uses xml files for that but I don’t know where to start

seems pretty harcoded …
e.g. https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/140760/3/svtools/source/control/tabbar.cxx

but you may find ideas from 103184 – (UI-Theming) [META] UI theming bugs and enhancements

Thanks, this is definitely out of my capabilities but at least now I know for sure :slight_smile:

I understand that it is not a priority and why, but it’s a pity how the theming in Libreoffice currently is