TOC ignoring margins

Ok. I’ve built the document, set the margins of the page for the TOC.( All the pages have the same margin setting, so that isn’t the source of my problem) I generate my TOC and my page numbers fall outside the margins set for the page with no apparent way to change it.

Please Advise

link to odt. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kdwib_WYhk-ZKFfmPHUkflraNWkugn_I/view?usp=sharing

Please upload your small, ODF type sample document here. The images can not help enough in this case.

1 Like

Your screenshot shows nothing useful except you’ve changed the paragraph style for level-1 entries from Contents 1 to List. I can only hazard you modified the right indent in this paragraph style.

For better advice, edit your question (don’t answer with a comment) to attach a reduced version of your document (1- or 2-page is enough provided you have the TOC and at least one heading). Mention OS name, LO version and save format.

1 Like

@Thorne
In a similar problem description in a German LibreOffice forum (Gelöst: Zweispaltiges Stichwortverzeichnis - LibreOffice-Forum) the helpers checked the real sample file (not: screenshot) and found out:

• The document was derived from a Word document (styles!)
  • OpenOffice could handle the problem :joy:
  • The TO solved the problem in the following way:
    • Deleted the TOC
    • Copied entire (formatted!) text into a new document
    • Added headers/footers, footnotes etc. again
    • Generated TOC from anew (now it was correct)

HTH
EDIT
Probably only the TOC’s styles’ indents are no more manageable? Check this.

This is a regression after LO 4.0 introduced TabOverMargin compat option, and is reported fixed in 7.1 in tdf#132393, although indeed I reproduce it in 7.5.0.3; it has no UI (tdf#76005), which makes it also impossible to unset it in a document, unless you edit the XML, or create a new document.

I’d say, file a new bug, and put tdf#132393 to “See also”.

That makes some sense. I reused an old document for my formating, just clearing the old text. That might have been an older version.